Mayflower Reservoir Aged Care Home
Mayflower is transforming its 40-year-old Reservoir aged care residence into a beautiful new care home.
Mayflower Reservoir is a welcoming and nurturing aged care home offering first class care to diverse local seniors. We have strong 40-year connection with the Reservoir community, and cultural diversity is celebrated through lifestyle programs, menu options and multicultural staff.
At Mayflower Reservoir, we work diligently to create relationships and we believe that is what sets us apart from other facilities in the local area. As soon as you walk in the door, you will feel the sense of warmth, comfort and community. Our residents usually choose us because they know someone who has experienced our care – and because they love our sense of family and fun.
The first stage of the new Mayflower Reservoir aged care home is due for completion in early October.
The new building is part of a two-stage redevelopment to create a first class, dementia-friendly aged care home that will grow to cater for 110 residents.
The redevelopment will deliver:
- A two-storey, architect-designed building with private rooms and ensuites for 110 residents
- A built environment with specific consideration for residents with dementia and other cognitive impairment
- An environment that welcomes and caters for residents and families from culturally diverse backgrounds through lifestyle programs, menu choices and multicultural staff
- An increase in the aged care qualified and skilled workforce, recruited from within the local community.
Each group of 22 residents will have their own private spaces including a separate dining room and dedicated living area. There will also be large shared areas where all residents can gather together for activities and smaller areas which will accommodate individual programs.
Just Like Home
The new buildings will be designed to look and feel like home through the selection of soft furnishings, floor coverings, window dressings and artwork. Residents can personalise their room, and couples and relatives can be accommodated close together.
When complete, residents will enjoy:
- Spacious bedrooms, each with a private ensuite
- Ample recreational space, including upper storey terraces overlooking the garden
- Four courtyards and landscaped perimeter gardens
- A dedicated hairdressing salon, library and chapel
- A cinema room with comfortable chairs and a large screen
- A gymnasium to promote wellness and reablement
- Dementia-friendly design to provide safe care for residents with cognitive impairment
- More programs for residents from diverse cultures who speak languages other than English
The new facility is being built in two stages, so that existing residents can continue to live at Mayflower Reservoir while building takes place. Stage 1 has commenced and will deliver 54 rooms by October 2020. Construction of the remaining 56 rooms in Stage 2 will commence as soon as Stage 1 is complete.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.
The waitlist for the new Mayflower Reservoir Aged Care facility is now open. Limited spaces are available so contact Mayflower today to make sure you don't miss out.
New Reservoir Aged Care Home Takes Shape
Here's a sneak peak of the new Mayflower Reservoir aged care residence, as it takes shape. We'll update this page as soon as tours are available.