Home Care Services & Packages
Looking for home care services in Melbourne?
At Mayflower, our priority is making certain you or your loved one have everything you need, including the chance to remain independent thanks to our quality in-home care.
Live Life Your Way
You can continue to enjoy a full and independent life in your own home with the help of Mayflower’s handpicked and carefully trained home care team.
Whether you need assistance with daily chores like shopping, cooking, or housekeeping, or more intimate care like help with dressing, bathing, or nursing care, our compassionate professionals are here for you.
We believe in choice: choice of provider, choice of personal care assistants, and choice in the level of care and services you need.
All The Help You Need
Your home care support is customised specifically to your personal needs or those of your loved one. Services are available both through government-funded Home Care Packages (HCPs) or on a private fee-for-service basis. Your home support can include any of the following.
We can offer the comfort and support of your very own home care assistant. They will compassionately and professionally help with all your personal care needs, including bathing, showering and dressing. We respect your dignity and autonomy and work hard to help you maintain your independence.
Are household chores becoming too much? We can cover light housework or take on your total housekeeping, including dusting and vacuuming, linen changes and laundry, as well as spring cleaning when required. You won’t have to worry about bending, stooping, lifting or reaching. We’ll take care of it all.
Meals and Nutrition
We can provide the help of a dietician for meal planning and nutritional support, assist with safe, healthy meal preparation, or even deliver dinner to your home and clean up after mealtime for you. Eating well is important to maintaining your health and happiness, so we work with you to ensure that the food you eat is not only wholesome, filling, and delicious, but also food you enjoy.
Shopping, Errands and Transport
If you want us to handle all your errands, or just provide transportation and support while you do your personal shopping, we are here for you every step of the way. We can take you to a medical appointment, the grocers, a community event, a church service, or to visit a friend. Our aim is to help you remain active and connected to your community.
Need specific nursing care? We can provide short and long-term nursing support to safeguard your health and wellbeing, maintaining your medical care at the highest level. Our staff will coordinate your nursing support with a range of general and specialist medical practitioners to ensure your wellbeing is maintained.
Feeling lonely? Your personal in-home carer can keep you company on a leisurely walk, pull out family photo albums for an hour of reminiscing, or simply sit and chat with you about topics that really interest you. Sometimes good company is the only medicine you need.
Are you the primary caregiver for a loved one, but need a break? In-home respite allows you to take the time you require to care for your own needs. You’ll be able to decompress without worrying, whether for a few hours or for an extended period (including 24 hour care or overnight care). Respite care is a critical part of home care, and can help you maintain your own physical, mental, emotional, and psychological health.
Talking With Your Loved One About Home Care
It can be difficult to broach the topic of home care. Defenses may go up, and worries can emerge over loss of autonomy. We work with you to help present options to your loved one in a non-threatening way and help them choose a home care plan that enhances their wellbeing and independence.
Home Care vs. an Aged Care Facility
Mayflower in-home care provides an alternative to residential care that allows for more independence. Home care can be less expensive than residential living, easier to qualify for, and simpler to arrange.
The advantages of home care over an aged care facility go beyond practical and financial considerations. Choosing home care can keep your family relationships strong, and your loved ones where they are happiest – at home.
The different levels of My Aged Care Home Care Packages available mean that almost anyone can age in a familiar place, their own home, comfortably and safely. Why not give your loved one the gift of remaining independent as long as possible?
How Much Does Home Care Cost?
You have several options when it comes to paying for home care. The government provides Home Care Packages which are funded based on the assessed needs for your care. You can also pay for services privately or combine your Home Care Package funding with additional privately paid care to access additional services.
If you have a My Aged Care Home Care Package, you still get to choose your own local provider, and negotiate your desired services. Your services are paid directly from the funds available to you as part of your Home Care Package. At Mayflower, we work with you to customise your home care based on your wants and needs, whether you have a Home Care Package, or are paying privately.
By law, all home care providers are required to provide full transparency about their fees and how they work with Home Care Package funding. Always ask to see these fees before committing to a home care provider. Mayflower’s fees and funding details are always available for you to view.
Why Choose Mayflower?
- Mayflower is proudly not-for-profit. We are an independent, community based organisation, that was created to enhance the wellbeing of older Australians. All our profits are reinvested to enhance and develop the care and services we deliver to our communities.
- We build relationships. We take a relationship-based approach to delivering person-centred care. This means that everything we do is built on the strength of the relationships we have – with our staff, our suppliers, and most importantly our customers. Since we always put people first, our customers are in control of their own lives. We take the time to get to know you and work with you one-on-one to create a personalised plan designed to nurture your independence, lifestyle and social connections. You make your own plans, set your own agenda, and access support at a pace that suits your needs and desires.
- There are no set-up fees, no daily fees, and no exit fees for our home care services. We stand by the quality of our care and are confident you’ll be happy with us. We also respect your right to change your mind and will support you if you decide you want to move to another home care provider.
- All the support you’ll need. Mayflower offers a suite of services to suit your changing needs — home care, retirement living and aged care. So you can a feel confident knowing that you won’t need to change provider just because you want access to a different type of care.
- We have the skills and expertise to give you peace of mind. With more than 50 years’ experience, you can feel confident that your wellbeing is in good hands. Our focus is on your wellness and we work hard to enhance what you can do, so you can stay independent longer.
Mayflower is a regulated under the Australian Government’s Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Every member of our personal care teams is hand selected, exhaustively trained, and here to help.
Our administrative staff is ready and willing to help you or your loved one apply for Home Care Packages, and we work with you to tailor your government assigned HCP funding or personal budget to meet all of your needs for home care.
Are you ready to learn more about Mayflower’s home care services in Melbourne? Contact us today for an assessment of your or your loved one’s needs when it comes to in-home care.