Home Care Bayside
Do you or a loved one want to enjoy your retirement in your own home but need some help with everyday living? It might be time to consider home care.
Bayside residents can receive customised home care services from Mayflower, with personalised support packages tailored to your specific needs. Our aim is to help you to remain living independently at home, by providing the support you need to stay healthy, safe, and socially connected to your community.
Our Bayside home care services are delivered from Mayflower Brighton, Bayside’s largest provider of retirement and assisting living options. We’ve been working in the Bayside community for more than 50 years, offering aged care, retirement living and home care services.
Our Bayside home care team deliver services in Brighton, Bentleigh, Hampton, McKinnon, Ormond, Highettt, Sandringham, Black Rock, Beaumaris and other suburbs in the immediate area.
Who should consider home care?
If you need a little bit of help with everyday living, or a lot of help, home care is probably right for you. Mayflower’s home care team can assist with a variety of services, ranging from simple tasks like shopping or cooking to more personal help including dressing and bathing.
Our home care services are available through Government funded My Aged Care Home Care Packages, or on a private fee for service basis. Your level of care is customised based on your level of need. Start by making a list of needs that you believe can be filled by home care, and then give us a call.
We can help you prioritise your needs and work with you to create a personalised care plan to nurture and enhance your independence. We can also help you apply for a Home Care Package.
How can I talk to a loved one about home care?
It can be difficult to broach sensitive topics, including the slowly declining ability of your loved one to care for their own needs. Realising that the services provided are designed to help retain independence, not end it, allows many older family members to become more receptive to the idea of in-home care.
Our Bayside team can help you lay out a plan for care that respects what your loved one can still do for themselves and aims to enhance this over time.
What should I expect if I or a loved one uses home care?
When you decide to begin using home care, our Bayside care team will be scheduled to deliver agreed services in your home at specific times on specific days. You may need services once or twice a week, or daily.
If you qualify for a Home Care Package, the government will fund your care up to your package limit . Your funding will be allocated to your care according to your own agreement with your local provider, putting you in control. Home care services can even be used for respite care, giving caregivers crucial time to decompress.
Why Choose Mayflower?
- Mayflower is proudly not-for-profit. We are an independent, community based organisation, that was created to enhance the wellbeing of older Australians. All our profits are reinvested to enhance and develop the care and services we deliver to our communities.
- We build relationships. We take a relationship-based approach to delivering person-centred care. This means that everything we do is built on the strength of the relationships we have – with our staff, our suppliers, and most importantly our customers. Since we always put people first, our customers are in control of their own lives. We take the time to get to know you and work with you one-on-one to create a personalised plan designed to nurture your independence, lifestyle and social connections. You make your own plans, set your own agenda, and access support at a pace that suits your needs and desires.
- There are no set-up fees, no daily fees, and no exit fees for our home care services. We stand by the quality of our care and are confident you’ll be happy with us. We also respect your right to change your mind and will support you if you decide you want to move to another home care provider.
- All the support you’ll need. Mayflower offers a suite of services to suit your changing needs — home care, retirement living and aged care. So you can a feel confident knowing that you won’t need to change provider just because you want access to a different type of care.
- We have the skills and expertise to give you peace of mind. With more than 50 years’ experience, you can feel confident that your wellbeing is in good hands. Our focus is on your wellness and we work hard to enhance what you can do, so you can stay independent longer.
We're Here to Help
Mayflower is a regulated under the Australian Government’s Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Every member of our personal care teams is hand selected, exhaustively trained, and here to help.
Our administrative staff is ready and willing to help you or your loved one apply for Home Care Packages, and we work with you to tailor your government assigned HCP funding or personal budget to meet all of your needs for home care.
Are you ready to learn more about home care in Bayside and its surrounding suburbs?
Contact us today for an assessment for you or your loved one’s needs and discover how home care can give you the freedom to keep living life your way.