Home Care - Melbourne North
Are you or a loved one looking for some support to help you to live comfortably in your own home? You can find a solution in Mayflower’s Northern Melbourne home care services.
Mayflower offers tailored home and community support, carefully designed to nurture your health and wellbeing so you can keep living independently in the place you love the most – your home.
Our Melbourne home care services can be tailored to your specific needs and delivered by home care staff local to your community, with the utmost care, compassion and consideration.
Currently Mayflower’s Northern Melbourne home care service offers support in Pascoe Vale, Brunswick, Coburg, Preston, Reservoir, Essendon, Fawkner, Glenroy, and surrounding suburbs.
Who should consider home care?
Depending on how well you’re managing at home, you might appreciate a little or a lot of help. Whether you need support with simple daily activities like shopping or cooking, or want some help with more intimate care like bathing and dressing, home care can provide an exact fit.
Your personal care plan will be customised based on your specific needs to deliver support that’s just right for you. Home care services are available through My Aged Care Government funded Home Care Packages, or on a private fee for service basis.
If you’re not sure where to start, Melbourne home care provider Mayflower can help you work out what sort of help you might need and support you through the steps to get services in place.
We can help you work out your likely home care budget, guide you through the process to access a Home Care Package and contact My Aged Care on your behalf.
How can I talk to a loved one about home care?
Talking about declining ability to care for one’s self is never an easy conversation.
At Mayflower, we focus on upholding personal dignity. We believe home care is a solution that allows independent living to continue, rather than an option that takes autonomy away.
Research has shown that home care services can delay entry into aged care and extend quality of life. By presenting home care as an option that can keep your loved one living independently, you can help them accept that a little bit of help should mean a lot more healthy happy years.
Once they are receptive to the idea of in-home care, our Melbourne home care team can work with your loved one to create a plan for services that meets suits their lifestyle.
What should I expect if I or a loved one uses home care?
When you are ready to receive home support, our Northern Melbourne home care team will work with you create a personalised care plan designed to nurture your independence, lifestyle and social connections.
We’ll take our time really getting to you and how you want to live your life, so we can deliver services that truly meet your needs and desires.
Services will then be scheduled at your convenience, which can include caregiver respite. Your care plan will be reviewed regularly with you, to ensure we are delivering exactly what you need.
If you qualify for a Home Care Package the government will provide funding for your care based on the level of home care package you receive.
Why Choose Mayflower?
- Mayflower is proudly not-for-profit. We are an independent, community based organisation, that was created to enhance the wellbeing of older Australians. All our profits are reinvested to enhance and develop the care and services we deliver to our communities.
- We build relationships. We take a relationship-based approach to delivering person-centred care. This means that everything we do is built on the strength of the relationships we have – with our staff, our suppliers, and most importantly our customers. Since we always put people first, our customers are in control of their own lives. We take the time to get to know you and work with you one-on-one to create a personalised plan designed to nurture your independence, lifestyle and social connections. You make your own plans, set your own agenda, and access support at a pace that suits your needs and desires.
- There are no set-up fees, no daily fees, and no exit fees for our home care services. We stand by the quality of our care and are confident you’ll be happy with us. We also respect your right to change your mind and will support you if you decide you want to move to another home care provider.
- All the support you’ll need. Mayflower offers a suite of services to suit your changing needs — home care, retirement living and aged care. So you can a feel confident knowing that you won’t need to change provider just because you want access to a different type of care.
- We have the skills and expertise to give you peace of mind. With more than 50 years’ experience, you can feel confident that your wellbeing is in good hands. Our focus is on your wellness and we work hard to enhance what you can do, so you can stay independent longer.
Mayflower is a regulated under the Australian Government’s Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Every member of our personal care teams is hand selected, exhaustively trained, and here to help.
Our administrative staff is ready and willing to help you or your loved one apply for Home Care Packages, and we work with you to tailor your government assigned HCP funding or personal budget to meet all of your needs for home care.
Are you ready to learn more about home care in Melbourne’s north?
Contact us today for an assessment for you or your loved one’s needs and discover how home care can give you the freedom to keeping living life your way.