Handyperson Needed at Mayflower Brighton
Are you handy? Mayflower Brighton is looking for a volunteer to help us keep our facilities in good condition by undertaking various odd jobs, light gardening and maintenance. Tasks may include general tidying up (trimming, weeding, planting), repairing garden furniture, and other minor maintenance.
As a valued Mayflower Volunteer, you will be joining a friendly, caring team of people who give their spare time to support the Mayflower community. You'll be surprised at just how much your time and skills can help!
We are looking for a commitment of one shift per week, but are happy to discuss what works best for you.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience or skills in gardening/maintenance.
- Friendly and enjoys a chat with residents and staff.
- Likes the outdoors.
- 'Can do' attitude. Resourceful and self-motivated.
- A hands-on approach to dealing with issues.
- Demonstrated ability to use own initiative and 'common sense'.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively as part of a team.
- A current and clear Police Check, which Mayflower will help arrange for you.
If this sounds like you, and you can spare some time to lend a hand, please call Christina on 9591 1100.